Monday 20 July 2015

25 Celebrities Who Quit Being Famous

Celebrities Who Quit Being Famous, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. It seems like everyone wants to be famous these days, but believe it or not, some very popular celebrities have decided to step out of the spotlight. Some famous people quit because they don't want to deal with the pressure of being a celebrity, while others quit so that they can raise a family.




Who is the most famous person who quit being famous? Elizabeth Hurley tops our list. In 2002, the Austin Powers actress stopped acting so that she could raise her son. "I just can't really make movies as well as be a mum and live in England," she told New York Magazine. "Something had to give, and I decided it wasn't going to be my relationship with my son. I decided I wanted to take him to school every day, which I do." Other famous actresses who quit being famous include Phoebe Cates, Meg Ryan, and Greta Garbo.

Dave Chappelle stunned fans and Hollywood insiders when he left the super successful "Chappelle's Show" at the height of its popularity in 2005. Chappelle took a trip to South Africa to regroup. He spoke about the decision, stating, "coming here I don't have the distractions of fame. It quiets the ego down. I'm interested in the kind of person I've got to become. I want to be well rounded and the industry is a place of extremes. I want to be well balanced."

Why do you think these famous people decided to step out of the spotlight? Share your thoughts in the comments section.

25 Celebrities Who Quit Being Famous

No comments:

Post a Comment